Seeking Committee Chairs for 2016-17
The PTA currently has two open chairships for some of our biggest fall events – Pledge Drive and Red Ribbon Week. If you’re looking for a way to get involved with the PTA, these are great opportunities. The majority of volunteer time for both positions will be in the fall, with the Pledge Drive running from approximately Sept. – Nov. and Red Ribbon Week taking place in mid-October.
Pledge Drive Chair: Work closely with the PTA President and oversee the Fall Fundraiser. The majority of the Pledge Drive duties will take place at home (only need brief visits to school to collect donations), so this is even a great opportunity for a working parent who wants to get more involved. The committee chair will:
- Publish the Fall fundraiser portfolio
- Collect and record incoming checks and corporate matching, including preparing deposits for the Financial Secretary
- Provide updates to the school community throughout the campaign
- Send out thank you letters to the donors
Red Ribbon Week: Organize various activities during the week of Red Ribbon Week. The committee chair will:
- Work with the PTA council for training and intro class
- Arrange, record, and oversee counting and deposit of pennies brought in throughout the week.
- Organize and promote daily activities to engage the students and raise awareness about drug prevention
For both positions, you will have support from the PTA board and additional committee volunteers. If you are interested in getting more information or being the chairperson for either committee, please contact email@example.com