KROC is a 10 week marathon training program designed to help kids:
- Improve Physical Fitness
- Promote active/healthy lifestyles
- Combat the onset of childhood obesity
- Doing it through FUN activities!
This is accomplished through various games, which help improve speed, agility, hand/eye coordination, flexibility and your child’s overall fitness. Students from our school will be led this popular and fun “Kids Run the OC” training program at Santiago Hills school by The OC Marathon certified coach volunteer.
THIS IS NOT A PROGRAM JUST FOR RUNNERS!
This is a program to teach children that fitness can be fun. We will be doing fun drills and activities where the kids won’t even know they were “exercising”.
Each week the kids will participate in activities with the group. In addition, they will need to log their activity/running for an additional mile or more. Within the 10 week program, each child will have run 25.2 miles.
The Final Mile will be run at the OC Marathon Event, usually held at the end of April or beginning of May. The children who participate in the Event will receive a medal for completing the marathon.
Each kid will take a pledge at the beginning – pledging that they will participate in all activities both with the group and at home for the 10 weeks. The kids will be held accountable for their participation – which is the only way they can participate in the actual OC Marathon event.
We are opening this up to all grades at the school. But the only way we can have a successful program is to have volunteers!
Typically Participation Requirements
- Students 2nd grade and younger: parent or guardian must be present during all practices to supervise your child.
- 3rd graders and up: parents must volunteer at least one practice during the length of the 10 week period.
- Parent participation during practices is optional but highly encouraged!
Past Photos of the event:
For more information
- Kids Run The OC website: https://www.kidsruntheoc.org
- Kids Run The OC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kidsruntheoc
- Contact email@example.com