Be Internet Awesome Family Workshop Friday Oct 11th 5:30-7:00pm
Update 9/26/19: due to space constraints we are no longer able to accommodate additional guests.
With smartphones and social media, life for kids has changed dramatically, but together we can figure out what it takes to be good Digital Citizens. You’re invited to a family event hosted by SH PTA and sponsored by Google, where we will explore what it means to Be Internet Smart, Alert, Strong, Kind, and Brave. Dinner will be served. Due to limited seating, this exclusive event is only available to the first 100 RSVPs.
FREE ADMISSION INCLUDES DINNER AND CHANCE TO WIN A GOOGLE PIXELBOOK+PEN AND OTHER PRIZES!
This event is open to:
- Parents and children of all ages (K-12).
- Younger children may attend if they can sit independently with an activity you provide.
- This event is for families and is NOT a drop-off event.
BONUS: Win a Google Pixelbook worth $999!
- Must RSVP to enter. RSVP HERE NOW.
- Participating attendees will receive raffle ticket upon event check-in.
- Must be present to win. Drawing will be announced at ~6:45pm.
- One raffle entry for each participating attendee.
- Other fun prizes also to be raffled off!
- 5:30pm Check in & Dinner! Pizza and snacks.
- 6:00pm Introduction
- 6:15pm Break out session
- 6:30pm Review findings
- 6:45pm Raffle drawing
- 7:00pm Close
Volunteer and get $10
We will have one group activity to jot down some ideas. If you volunteer to help at this breakout session you will receive a $10 Target gift card for your assistance! It’s easy – everything you need will be given to you ahead of time. Please note it in your RSVP.
More about this event
Google resources: https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us
PTA’s event resources: https://www.pta.org/home/programs/connected/be-internet-awesome
Thank you especially to parent volunteer Ashley Cunningham, who applied for and earned us this amazing Google/National PTA partnered grant. And thanks to your PTA dollars, which helped fund the National PTA Connected Program, an initiative to educate and engage families in digital wellness, security, access, equity and literacy.