Read Across America Day Wed 3/2
Wednesday March 2nd is our annual Read Across America Day. It is our tradition to wear pajamas/comfortable clothes on this day. The idea is we are spending our day reading and want to make it fun and comfortable for everyone.
Please remember that our district dress code still applies and I have attached it below for your convenience. Thank you and we’ll see everyone ready for a day of reading tomorrow.
Good clothing options would be sweats, flannels and other comfortable clothes that cover appropriately. Your shoes should be ready for recess and PE. Slippers and other house shoes are a safety hazard not appropriate.
District Dress Code
In accordance with the IUSD Board Policies 5132 and 5132.1, Santiago Hills Elementary School requests that parents and students read, discuss and adhere to the following student dress code. Clothing should be selected to support a positive learning environment.
- Clothing must cover midriff, upper torso and upper thighs.
- Shoes must have closed toes and closed heels. Open-toed shoes, mules, clogs, “Crocs”, or heels over ½ inch are inappropriate for school.
- Sleeveless tops must have straps at least one inch wide. Halter tops, strapless tops and spaghetti straps are inappropriate for school.
- Undergarments must be covered.
- Slogans on clothing must be school appropriate. Policy 5136 (a)
If your child does arrive at school dressed inappropriately it will be necessary for the parent to bring a change of clothing to the school.