Spring ACE Classes Start April 19!
Update 4/16/17: Spring ACE Classes begin Wednesday, April 19!
Update 4/13/17: Spring ACE Registration closes this Friday, April 14! With the high demand of Cartooning, the instructor opened up 4 additional spots! There are also very few spots available in STEAM.
Register at www.ipsfacademy.org
Spring Brochure : https://www.
Take advantage and register your student in the last session of ACE, especially on minimum day Wednesdays. Classes are held immediately after school, right here on Santiago Hills campus!
There are limited spaces in each class and last year the Cartooning class sold out. After popular demand from the S.T.E.A.M. class, which was offered to upper grade in Winter, we are offering it for lower grade this Spring!
WEDNESDAYS: April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17 & 25
CARTOONING FOR KIDS $119
Grades: 1-6 Wed. Time: 1:45-2:45 PM Location: TBD
Back by popular demand!! This class sold out last year at SH so don’t delay.
If you love to draw cartoons then this is the class you’ve been waiting for. Young artists will learn the secrets of cartoon drawing in information-packed, fun-filled sessions. Taught by Mr. T. (Eric Teitelbaum), co-creator of the Pink Panther comic strip, and staff. Young artists are introduced to the secrets of cartoon drawing. Step-by-step drawing lessons include: faces, expression, motion, animals, caricatures, famous faces, scenery, and more. This is an amazing opportunity to study with a master artist! All new lessons each session, return students always welcome. Provider: WE Educational Programs
S.T.E.A.M. BASED ENGINEERING AND INVENTION $123
Grades: 1-3 Wed. Time: 1:40-2:40 PM Location: TBD
Have you ever wanted to dream up new inventions and figure out how to turn them into reality? Children will work in teams with our collaborative maker challenges, design and make personalized and memorable robot creations, study aerodynamics with our wind tunnel, and more, all while enhancing skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, and innovation. Each class meeting, students will either bring home their project or a kit to recreate the project at home. Provider: Child Creativity Lab.
- Fun with PlasTikobots – Each child will design and create their own personalized robot companion art piece, called a PlasTikobot, made from reclaimed single-use plastics.
- Zip Line Collaborative STEM Challenge – Children will be challenged to design and create a carrier all out of reclaimed, reusable materials that can transport a tennis ball from one end of the zip line to the other without the ball falling out.
- Super Tower Collaborative STEM Challenge – For this team challenge, the children will design and engineer a tower structure that is at least 18 inches in height and that can hold a tennis ball, while withstanding someone blowing on it.
- Marble Run Ramp STEM Challenge – Children will work together in teams to create a free-standing marble run designed to make a marble travel at least 36 inches.
- Creativity with Corks – Children will exercise their innovation skills by upcycling and transforming corks into unique key chain ornaments, characters, and other memorable pieces.
Please contact ACESantiagoHills@hotmail.com if you have any questions.
More about ACE at http://www.santiagohillspta.com/ace-classes.