Red Ribbon Week 2017: Oct 23-27
Schedule of Theme DaysShow your anti-drug support by dressing up on these theme days this year:
- Backwards Monday 10/23 - We are turning our BACKS against drugs. Wear your shirt/hat backwards.
- Crazy Hair/Mismatch Tuesday 10/24 - From HEAD to toe, we won't get MIXED UP in drugs! Wear mismatched clothes, crazy hair, or both!
- Team Sports Wednesday 10/25 - We are TEAMing up against drugs. Wear a team jersey, favorite sports team, or college shirt.
- Red Thursday 10/26 - Hugs not drugs! Wear red to show love for those who stand against drugs.
- Spirit Wear Friday 10/27 - Our school chooses to be drug free. Wear your Santiago Hills spirit wear!
All Week: Pennies for Prevention & Other Silver CoinsDuring Red Ribbon Week bring in your pennies (coins also welcome) each morning. All coins will be counted and pennies weighed daily. Nickels, dimes and quarters will be converted to their penny pound equivalent (i.e. 1 quarter will equal 25 pennies in weight, etc.). Daily prizes will be awarded to classes with the most coins donated. This is a Brag Tag opportunity! We also need parents to help count coins so please join us any morning of the week at the lunch tables!
Walk to School ThursdayWalking to school is a a way for us to keep our bodies healthy, the environment clean, and be a part of the community. In celebration of Red Ribbon Week, we choose a day of the week to walk to school together.
2017 starting point 7:45amOur Walk to School Day will be at the crossing guard-protected crosswalk on Park Place between the Woodside, Windstream, and Park Paseo neighborhoods. We'll meet at 7:45am. Park at the end of Kara W, Fortuna W, or any of the cul-de-sacs between those streets and the back of the school.
Red Ribbon Week DiscountsGet discounts just by wearing your red ribbon week bracelet and going to any of these participating retailers! https://duila.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/2017-Red-Ribbon-Business-Incentive-List.pdf
The Red Ribbon Week Pledge
I pledge to make healthy choices, to be a positive role model for my friends, and to support the mission of Red Ribbon Week: 'No Use of Illegal Drugs, No Illegal Use of Legal Drugs.'